• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Video on Main Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I struggled to work out which would be the correct forum for a couple of questions and this one seems to be the most likely one, but I apologise now if another would be more appropriate.

I've been considering playing around with Warcraft 3 to make it look a bit nicer, one of the bits I would like to change are the Campaign and Main Menu screens. Ideally I would like to replace the MDX model that is there with a looping video. So, my questions are:

1) Is it possible to have a video running instead of the .mdx menu file?
2) If the above is not possible, is it possible to create an .mdx file (a blank rectangle for example) that can play a video on it?

Level 28
Not sure if you need but you may wanna take a look at thishttp://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/cinematic-movies-tutorial-254860/.
According to my knowledge, Campaign Editor doesn't support other than .mdx Loading Screen, but you can create you own videos if they meant to be .mdx format, take example of Arthas vs. Illidan ending cinematic.

Oh end one more thing, it is possible to insert a Chapter Loading Menu for loading screen and making it change images per seconds just like Gif but of course it must be .mdx format.

Level 15
That's an interesting tutorial and something I may need eventually, but it doesn't quite help with the problem I'm having, thanks though!

Originally my hope had been to replace the main menu's with videos that I'd take from WoW. For example, I was going to take a video of Icecrown Citadel from Northrend in WoW for The Frozen Throne main menu. My edits were going to be to the .mpq file if it allowed it.

There is an alternative I suppose, I do know there is a theme replacer tool that uses single image files. If a single image can be done, could a .gif be used instead of a video?

Status
Not open for further replies.