1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Video card requirmentz

Discussion in 'Computer Tech' started by Steel_Stallion, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I took the system labs test, I don't understand why my video card thing fails. It has all the required features but it still fails?

Do I HAVE to have a card like the mentioned in this picture? Isn't there a work around that doesnt involve buying a new card?

Attached Files:

• WTF.jpg
      WTF.jpg
      File size:
      168.3 KB
      Views:
  2. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should be fine, honestly. I think it's just bugging, if all of the individual card properties check out but the overall test fails, that leads me to suspect a bug.

3. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I sure hope so, I'd to buy the game only to find out my computer cant handle it... that would suck...

Just to be sure, I am going to download the demo first if that works ill go for the full package.

4. FreshMobster

FreshMobster

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's because you have an integrated chipset, and an Intel one. Even though those chipsets understand the required graphics computing algorythms, they fail miserably to actually make out some decent performance in that or other graphics modes. Integrated chipsets are only good for making Powerpoint slides. Anything more of serious matter will refuse to run at most cases. I may presume that you're using laptop, so trying to 'upgrade' your video chipset would be very stupid, as other more advanced chipsets (like nVIDIA's "Go!" series) cannot live up to the standards of their normal video card adapter counterparts, and also the price tag is higher.

5. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well actually, I have received the same results from BF 2142 (Only that one X on video) and it works properly.

So no complaints here

6. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    does a 448 videocard exist?

Lawl.

It should be a bug, or the thing noticed your videocard is slower than a 128 mb lol XD

7. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There are 768 MB vid cards now... wand...

Lol

8. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah but 768 is 512 + 256, so it makes sense. Even 640 is 512 + 128 right. 440 is just... random.

9. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Woah, wtf? Your talking about mine?

I was SURE it was 338, and it didnt have that Pixel shading crap and BF 2142 didnt work. I updated it and it got that crap (2142 works nicely), now its 448?

WTF IS THIS HAX INTEL?!

10. FreshMobster

FreshMobster

Resources:
    Resources:
    GOOVERMENTZ IS HAX0R1NG YOUR COMPUTAR!

Actually, that's allocated memory for video card. In simple terms, the chipset doesn't have enough VRAM so it actually borrows some of it from your RAM memory to compensate the need. While the response times aren't as good as with VRAM, at least it's much more faster than storing/using from your HDD. So you actually can have some strange numbers for this memory.

11. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So im haxing my RAM to add RAM to my vid card?

Nice