• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Video card requirmentz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I took the system labs test, I don't understand why my video card thing fails. It has all the required features but it still fails?

Do I HAVE to have a card like the mentioned in this picture? Isn't there a work around that doesnt involve buying a new card?

Attachments

• WTF.jpg
    WTF.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 172
Level 4
That's because you have an integrated chipset, and an Intel one. Even though those chipsets understand the required graphics computing algorythms, they fail miserably to actually make out some decent performance in that or other graphics modes. Integrated chipsets are only good for making Powerpoint slides. Anything more of serious matter will refuse to run at most cases. I may presume that you're using laptop, so trying to 'upgrade' your video chipset would be very stupid, as other more advanced chipsets (like nVIDIA's "Go!" series) cannot live up to the standards of their normal video card adapter counterparts, and also the price tag is higher.

Level 4
GOOVERMENTZ IS HAX0R1NG YOUR COMPUTAR!

Actually, that's allocated memory for video card. In simple terms, the chipset doesn't have enough VRAM so it actually borrows some of it from your RAM memory to compensate the need. While the response times aren't as good as with VRAM, at least it's much more faster than storing/using from your HDD. So you actually can have some strange numbers for this memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.