• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Integrated graphics + video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I am (finally) going to buy a new PC this week and It comes with a ATI Radeon HD 5450 video card (1 GB version), but the motherboard (ASROCK N68-S UCC) has integrated NVIDIA® GeForce 7025 graphics, which is much weaker than the video card.
But, does the presence of both brings any benefit?

Level 9
Nividia is better..
im using it too..
my bro use ATi radeon 5450 play CoD black ops lag if maximum resolution

Level 15
While some Integrated GPU's do allow you to use them at the same time as a dedicated giving a performance boost, this one does not. Therefore it's only use is as a backup if the HD5450 fails.

Also, where are you purchasing this from?

Nividia is better..
im using it too..
my bro use ATi radeon 5450 play CoD black ops lag if maximum resolution

Sigh... please never return to this section

Level 21
While some Integrated GPU's do allow you to use them at the same time as a dedicated giving a performance boost, this one does not. Therefore it's only use is as a backup if the HD5450 fails.

Also, where are you purchasing this from?

Sigh... please never return to this section

Yes it does allow, actually. I can use both at the same time, each handling a different display!
And with the motherboard's driver I can switch them at anytime, meaning using the other one (for games, actually).

Level 15
Yes it does allow, actually. I can use both at the same time, each handling a different display!
And with the motherboard's driver I can switch them at anytime, meaning using the other one (for games, actually).

I meant as output to the same display, not to two at the same time, I think almost all integrated chips you can find now will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.