• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vetex selection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I use Milkshape. When I make a model, I first make 1 half then duplicate and mirror. Then I make groups weld it all and stuff.

But when I want to select vertexes to move them I can only select ones that are on that side (left or right). If I try to select through multiple windows, it deselects on previous window (view point).

This was a problem when I wanted to do some mesh optimizing, but I managed by moving 1 side, and then just move others over from.

But now, I need to select all at once so I can assign them to a joint, but I can not. So does anyone else have this problem? And how do I solve it, if possible.

I looked thought forum, but haven't manged to find a previous tread. Sorry if I overlooked something.

Level 31
I think this is what causes your problem.
You can fix it by unchecking the box Ignore Backfaces, see screenshot.

I hope it helped

Attachments

• IgnoreBackfaces.jpg
    IgnoreBackfaces.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.