• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Veteran Paladin

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
So, finished this tonight. Another character for my project. It is supposed to be a veteran paladin or warrior armed with a spear and harboring a severe alcohol problem. Uses Medivh and Panda animations.

Enjoy.

Update 1: Altered the UV map slightly. Added Particles during spell animation.
Update 2: Beefed up the spear, added steel buckler, tweaked some animations.
Previews
Contents

Veteran Paladin (Model)

Veteran Paladin Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
You might want to give him some real pupils on the main model.
Level 14
A lot of animations look like if he is wielding something in his right hand (as the original animations was holding the cloak), he should also wield the spear with 2 hands or wield a shield, there is also a texture problem in the front of the armour, and the hair is a bit weird.
I suggest that he should also be a bit bulky (for a more warcraftish look), and some effects in spell would be nice.
Edit: Nice to see that you added particles and fixed the uv wrap, but i still think he should wield a shield

Last edited:
Level 19
looks interesting!
but I would suggest beefing up the spear a bit and give him a buckler (small round shield).
then the animations would look better and it would make more sense historically!

Yes, I did note that the spear looks a bit small in game, so I'll try to beef it up. I've thought about a buckler, it would probably make sense.

Update: Added a steel buckler.

Last edited:
Level 17
a bottle appears on his left hand when doing spell slam (because it's based on the brewmaster) please fix it, it looks horribly out of place both for a warrior and a paladin.

Level 17
If you like it better without the bottle, I can whip up a bottleless version in five minutes later tonight.

i'm possibly not going to use it so if you don't feel like it it's totally fine.

here's a suggestion, add the version you have without the shield and with the bottle.
and then in the version with the shield remove the bottle.

Level 6
The bottle appears there cause in Spell Slam he is drinking something to split it on the enemy. It sounds well used for me.