• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Veterans Day Salute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is a Salute to the proud veterans of the U.S. Also for all other brave veterans around the world who fight for their countries. For all those brave men and women around the world who leave their homes to protect their countries, I salute you.

If you know a veteran or an active soldier in the military, you can give their name and a salute to them.

Happy Veterans Day.

(It's not officially Veterans Day yet but this can get you thinking about what tomorrow really represents and not just a day to get out of school or off work.)

American_Flag_2.jpg
saluting%20the%20flag.jpg

While I was in school today, there was a presentation to the staff and facility that served in the army. Quite a few people laughed at some of the faces.
Alot were even clapping that it was finally over as a bugler in the video played taps. Just shows how decadent and arrogant most Americans are I guess. :thumbs_down:

I personally, agree on all points. Plenty of my family has served (or is serving) time in the military, including my cousin, who has just joined the national guard. I'm not sure if they are out yet, as I haven't checked if they are still active, but I think VGsatomi is still serving, as is our old war3sear.ch webmaster, darky29.

American_Flag_2.jpg

Level 35
I'm not American, but I salute to all the men and women who fought to protect their country and have all seen the hell of war. As far as I'm concerned, being a war veteran is one of the most honorable thing a man or woman can accomplish.

I salute to those too, who didn't live to see the end of the battle and died bravely fighting for their country.

salute_flag_alt.jpg

(and I don't mean americans only)

Level 11
Sweden does not celebrate its veterans, since we have not participated in a war since the early 19th century (against Russia, and we lost D:), although Swedish volunteers have participated in various wars all over the World (right now with the UN in Afghanistan). Well, here's my salute anyway.

Level 9
I was very upset today.
Only 3 British soldiers of WW1 remain living.
1 of the Navy, 1 of the Airforce, and 1 of the Infantry...
*salutes*

Level 24
As a matter of fact, I do not salute soldiers who blindly die and murder for their country. I salute soldiers who hold their country to the high standards they were founded upon, who fought and continue to fight not for their country, but for everything good that their country has, should, and will represent.

Level 12
As a matter of fact, I do not salute soldiers who blindly die and murder for their country. I salute soldiers who hold their country to the high standards they were founded upon, who fought and continue to fight not for their country, but for everything good that their country has, should, and will represent.

I blindly salute all soldiers who served regardless of their personal reasons because I believe no matter the reasons they were serving, they still *served* a higher cause. (This isn't 100% the case since you could argue some causes weren't so great, but whatever...)

Highschools require 30 hours of community service in order to graduate (at least my highschool does). Usually I wasn't doing them to serve the person, but rather to earn those 30 hours. Does that mean I shouldn't be thanked for my work?

Level 14
There's no reason to "punish" the people because of the policy.

There's a good chance they didn't want to be there more than you don't want them to be there.

Especially in a draft situation.

Level 14
I never said I "punished" them (Its just the drafted mentality of the drafted person)

Lets not let this go into a thread that is not on topic with it's intention :

I was actually responding to Ephy, I didn't even read your post, to be honest, sorry.

Anyway, on-topic:
Happy Veterans Day to all Veterans.

Level 24
What I'd meant to say was that there are places and times that your country is not worth fighting for, even when the cause your country is fighting for is. It also takes an enormous amount of courage to go out and physically fight for anything at all. But come on, can you seriously compare the idiot that's headed out to get some awesome kills to the warrior who goes out to defend what s/he knows to be just?

Level 9

Soldiers serve their country even if they disagree what they are fighting for... Most of them are legally binded to the army for a certain amount of time and in that time they must represent their government's decisions... not their own.

It is of course their decision whether they kill someone or not... but failing to obey such orders could potentially mean you have broken the law and will be punished.

Level 24
There's a difference between doing something because someone told you to do it and doing something because you're going to be in some serious shit if you don't.

Level 14
Yay going off-topic for no reason at all!

Veterans day is over, and so should this discussion because it can do nothing but offend people. The end.

Level 9
teh Ephy -> The fact of the matter is... if you don't do what you're told to do... your going to be in some serious shit if you don't

Level 34
On topic with the off topic people: My dad was a draft dodger from Nam, he ran to Canada. His brother got off by some crazy ass fluke.

Level 14
I agree there's a difference between intent of doing something like Ephy described and being forced (like a draft).

Most heroes in wars, don't intend on being heroes. Like Audie Murphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.