• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Very New To Cinematics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, I've been a huge fan of WC3 ever since I was a kid and for my English project in College, I wanted to do a 5-minute long or so map.

Problem is, I really have no idea how to make characters perform dialogue. I would like to have a degree of cinematics in the short map, but I also want to have characters perform dialogue while walking and acting in the map, sort of how sometimes in the campaign a hero will walk over something and start talking.

Level 2
Do you know how I can trigger characters in a playable map to say something? Like I want my main character, "Enrique" to walk over a rune and say something.

Level 13
If you want to actually hear it you have to record it, import it and play it with your Transmission.

For just text the Action is the same:

• Video - Send transmission to (All players) from Your Hero named Your Hero Name: Play No Sound and display Hello World. Modify duration: Adding 0.00 seconds and Wait

Level 2
Thanks man, I did that and my only real problem is coming up with the best action to trigger the transmission. I tried making it when Enrique walks over a specific area he says something, but that dosen't work out so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.