• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Cinematic - Play Dialogue with shown text on Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi I'm inspecting the Warcraft III Campaign's to get an answer. I need Dialogue sound and Text both shown on screen outside of the Cinematic but when picking up a Quest. In the Campaign they only use 'Cinematic - Play Dialogue **' and they get text with it. When I use it in my map with custom Sound Dialogue text is not shown.

The Campaign map that I inspected is Night Elf - Sentinel Chapter 1.

How can I get text with sound?

This is the Sentinel Chapter 1. Below you see they only used 'Cinematic - Play Dialogue *' without using more triggers. I guest I could use 'Game - Display to *' but they didn't use it. Less the triggers the better it is.

brisi2.png

I found a conversation.json inside the maps that contain some information about Dialogues but again no text that was displayed. I guess that I have to 'Game - Display **' because they build into the game the Text for the Dialogues?

brisi3.png

How come does 'Cinematic - Play Dialogue **' in Campaign maps produce Sound and Text when they should produce only Sound in every other map? o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.