• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vertx modify help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey again, i read some tutorials on the subject of removing weapons.. shields... etc ect from various models, however when i follow correctly and import the new model into my map he is generally lacking his chest area, aswell as walking around with his damn death decomposition etc geoset at his feet.

Im doing something wrong, but i would really appreciate if anyone could help me out here :p

Was using oinkerwinkles vertex modifyer btw

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Well, it's hard to pinpoint the problem exactly because we have no idea what model you were editing.

However, here are a few reasons (and solutions) to the problems you say you've experienced:
# When deleting a specific geometric object in the VM, make sure you don't accidentally delete a few other geometric dots that make up the model. Do this by regularly viewing your model with something such as W3 Viewer or Model Editor.
# When merging geosets, be careful the two objects don't have opposng skins, as this may cause the skin to overlap at points and make small parts of the model ""disappear"'.
# When skin-mapping (UV mapping) make sure you place all the "dots" at the correct places on the image, otherwise some rather unexpected results may occur.

As for death geoset following the model's feet, make sure you didn't merge the death geoset with the normal geoset.

Level 19
it may have screwed up somethings
if you want to remove weapon from a model
open it with war3 model editor
Open Model Edit window
select all vertexes belong to weapon
Scale them to 0 from transformations

Level 14
You more than likely broke some animations.

When delete geosets/vertexes there is a chance that the team colored portion of the model can disappear in-game.

It would help to tell us what model you were using.

There's a section in my tutorial on how to avoid it.

Level 4
Well, frankly i was trying to remove the shield and sword off of a.. erh custom model, which was based on the bandit, however the problem occured when i removed any lone verticies with any model - gaps missing which were not relevant to the parts i deleted - models skeleton would be at his feet in the editor. etc etc.

However i have tried with the war3model editor and it seems to have worked out fine ;D. apart from a few crazy ass texture issues when i scale some stuff to 0 :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.