• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Version control for project page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

Do WC3 map makers on the hive manage their bbcode project page in a sand box environment?, e.g. like in Notepad++, and keep it version controlled?

Or would this be something recommended?

Also I suppose it's alright to post / edit a post via a Python script?

Finally, could someone tell me how to get syntax highlighting for bbcode in Notepad++ ? Thanks!

I use programming for certain pages, yeah. e.g. if I have a hearthstone tournament to post or for something like this, I'll use python.

It is especially useful for tables because they get so messy with tags and for things that are homogeneous or repetitive.

I never bothered with source control for them, but it is not bad as a safety measure. I don't think it is that necessary though.

As for syntax highlighting, go to View -> User Define Dialog... and mess around. I doubt anyone has done it for bbcode though, as it varies from forum to forum besides the basic bold/italic/url etc. Anyway, if your code is systematic, you shouldn't need to use much bbcode at all (apart from within your class methods).

Status
Not open for further replies.