• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vengeful Spirit

Summoned unit for the Black Templar faction!

Update:
Re-wraped the rune robe
Changed the Icon
Fixed the death animation
Previews
Contents

Vengeful Spirit (Model)

Vengeful Spirit Icon (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
A very cool edit of the revenant model. Great use of in-game textures and very nice mesh edit. Good job.
This is an ancient enforcer, driving those who are objectionable to the king from rallies 🛡️
Jokes aside, this is a good example of creative use of textures and geosets that fits into the small universe of your Black Templar faction; also a worthy candidate for the Revenant Covenant 👍

However, on the technical side, to call this unit a summon you should add a Birth animation (this might be a simple scaling of the root bone with some suitable particles in a simple pose, see Water Elemental).
Also make sure that all your geosets dissapear in the end of the Death sequence (see the armor).

As for the visual part, I would suggest adding some particles in the Death sequence (as it was in the original Revenant model) in order to cover up the limbs that feel quite lonely and are left hung in the air:
RevenantLimbs.png
RevenantDeath.gif

Or add a body to the sprite.
Considering the shiny and transparent skirt: if it is immaterial, like the shield, then it should disappear along with the shield (lore-wise), so that only the mace and armor can "soak" into the ground.

Keep working on animations, man, your persistence will translate into more powerful models soon, I'm sure of it 💪

Last edited:
Level 34
Nice job!!
What's the lore behind this feller?
Thank you! I have nt yet made my mind exactly but as first thought the Spirit unit is more of a fire elemental ( the order considers fire as a holy judgement meant to cleanse evil ) and they also add blood runes ( martyr blood ). The unit is bassicaly souless but more religious members of the order believe that sometimes their fallen brothers also manifest within the Spirit units.

Hopefully soon I ll be able to make the mage units that summon them aswell :)