• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Varyan Wrynn

Would you like for the Alliance to have a new leader? If yes then please choose!

• Genn Greymane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muradin Bronzebeard

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Tyrande Wisperwind

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Velen

• Jaina Proudmoore

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Anduin Wrynn

• Vereesa Windrunner

• Sylvanas Windrunner, ahem just kidding:)

• Malfurion Stormrage, although I doubt it would be

• Danath Trollbane, maybe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Lo'gosh' a.k.a Varian Wrynn
King_Varian_Wrynn_Fight.jpg
Varian Wrynn, king of Stormwind, the human leader, son of Llayne Wrynn, husband of the deceased Tiffin Wrynn and father of Anduin Wrynn now the Alliance's supreme commander is beloved and hated at the same time.
-------------
Not quite like how the king of Lordaeron was but still a ruler in his own rights!
-------------
Questions:
I. Would you like him to change or rather see him killed/or captured by some unknown assassins *looks at Garrosh* ?
II. Do you hate him or rather adore him beyond measure?
-------------
Also try to explain your reasons of choosing him as a hated or beloved character.
-------------
-------------
The topic is widened via the poll I put up. Feel free to debate on it and pick your choice!

Last edited:
Level 24
I. Of course I would change Varian, I would change everyone if I could. Saying that you'd not change someone would mean to imply that they're perfect and perfection can not exist since it would eliminate the meaning of perfection. Because no matter how good you're you can always be better.

Your question however I guess is how I would change him. To start of with he can get a little hot headed some times and do what he wants rather than what's the right thing to do. One of these examples is SoO where Thrall wants to kill Garrosh but Varian will not be satisfied until Garrosh has suffered more than enough for a million life times. I guess here is where I side with Barristan Selmy instead of Deanarys and say "Sometimes it's better to answer injustice with mercy."

II. I am very neutral when it comes to Varian, Lor'Themar certainly trusted him enough to join the Alliance. That is until Jaina went insane. If Lor'Themar trusted Varian I guess I can do too.

Level 6
I would have him being beaten by Garrosh who was storming Stormwind with the Horde and the Alliance rebels who wanted to stop the Sha infused Varian.

Then have him escape his trial to an alternate Azeroth where he is molding the Kingdom of Stormwind in a real fighting force to further his Human supremacist goals.

Failing that, I would have him earn his place as the Supreme Alliance Commander during the war in Northrend.

Level 6
Lol he is even lucky that he is alive, because at the end of siege of orgrimmar cinematic he was playing tough guy against Vol'Jin. Now imagine if there was someone else instead of Vol'Jin:
Gul'Dan would have just strangled him.
Grom Hellscream would have just cut Varyans legs and arms probably off.
Orgrim Doomhammer would have just cut Varyans head off like he did with Blackhand.
Blackhand the Destroyer would have probably just broke Varyans legs.
Ner'Zhul would have probably done the same as Blackhand or Gul'Dan.

Level 6
Lol he is even lucky that he is alive, because at the end of siege of orgrimmar cinematic he was playing tough guy against Vol'Jin. Now imagine if there was someone else instead of Vol'Jin:
Orgrim Doomhammer would have just cut Varyans head off like he did with Blackhand.
Him, Jaina and a handful of footmen vs all the leaders of the Horde.Ouch.

Level 24
I think Tyrande should man up (or woman up in this situation) be the leader she used to be and take control should Varian die. The dwarves have no king at the moment and there is no one except for Velen who could claim to have as much experience as Tyrande but Tyrande has more experience when it comes to Azeroth so I vote for her. Tyrande would be a great character to bring back, she used to be a strong valkyr and not a sit at home wife.

Level 24
Yepp the leading race for the Horde is now trolls so I think the Alliance needs a change too.

Level 6
It`s not about pushing up the Night Elves, we are talking about individuals.

Night Elf or no Night Elf, Tyrande still has the credentials to lead , she is veteran to many wars.The War of the Ancients and the 3rd War were still bigger conflicts the the 4th War.

Yes, Blizzard, made her into a cheerleader for a character who had no prior experience in large scale conflicts and leading numerous armies.

When I say new leader, since the Alliance has no leader, I mean Supreme Military Commander.

You have to understand, the Humans aren`t the most numerous race or the one with the most wealth.Yes I know that Blizzard pushes them on us but any serious lore fan would consider the fact that the Dwarves are the most numerous and prosperous race from the Alliance.

I know that it started with Humans vs Orcs but every story has to advance.

It is debatable if Varian has the experience of Jaina let alone Tyrande.

As I said he could have been a dynamic leader by being the mediator between all other leaders and the second in command to Tyrande.

@Razosh
We can`t speak about another leading race in the Horde since Orcs are still like 70% of the Horde.Yes, they are in total disarray but the last thing other races from the Horde should do is pretend that they are more privileged the the orcs.

I know Vol`Jin is the Warchief but I don`t think the Trolls get any special treatment compared with the other races of the Horde.

Last edited:
As I sayd he could have been a dynamic leader by being the mediator between all other leaders and the second in command to Tyrande.
Actually that could be a good idea.
I know Vol`Jin is the Warchief
He earned that title after all.
Well I for one could see Tyrande as a rising leader maybe, it still bothers me that Blizzard didn't made her character worthy enough lately imo.

Level 6
Actually that could be a good idea.
He earned that title after all.
Well I for one could see Tyrande as a rising leader maybe, it still bothers me that Blizzard didn't made her character worthy enough lately imo.
Tyrande has everything she needs, Blizzard just has to use her.Now it`s too late to give her what should have been given from the start - the rank of Supreme Military Commander - but Blizzard can make her Second-in-Command at least.

The Alliance has a much bigger pool of characters, you don`t know how much you are losing because Blizzard is monopolising Humans.

If in the Horde, who is dominated vastly by Orcs, we have seen character development for Vol`Jin, Bane, Lor'themar and his inner circle and Sylvie I can`t see why the Alliance can`t benefit from the same treatment.

You guys lost big time in the story because the Horde got lore quests while the Alliance got parodies and tribute quests to shows and movies and only Varian got the spotlight.

Now they have an angry Horde fanbase because we got to play the bad guy and the Alliance fanbase still senses that something is missing even if they are the declared winner of the conflict.

The Horde could have benefited from not being the bad guys and the Alliance from development of all characters.

EDIT.
OK, who voted for Anduin?Who`s in a mood for jokes? EH ? He`s too naive and idealistic for the moment, with maturity and life experience he can become an outstanding leader but now he`s too raw for something like this.

EDIT.
OK, who voted for Anduin?Who`s in a mood for jokes? EH ? He`s too naive and idealistic for the moment, with maturity and life experience he can become an outstanding leader but now he`s too raw for something like this.
I've got no idea. I mean yeah, he could be a religious leader but the Alliance leader, umm no! (I had to put something there)
The Alliance has a much bigger pool of characters, you don`t know how much you are losing because Blizzard is monopolising Humans.
Maybe.
Blizzard can make her Second-in-Command at least.
I can really dig that! She's good at tactics (in lore) and has a vast experience already.

Level 14
I voted for Anduin. What you guys can't realize is that Tyrande will make a perfect military adviser that frequently argues with the leader. A leader by herself - definitely no. Patton and Rommel were great generals but they would've failed miserably as leaders of their nations (not implying that Hitler did a great job as a leader). de Gaulle did arguably fail miserably.

We need a leader, not another Garrosh character.

Either Anduin, Velen, or Greymane. Anduin and Velen are kind of similar (though Velen would fit if the story is to move to a more "Legion is coming direction"), and Greymane - for the sake of having an internal Alliance conflict. I guess people of Stormwind wouldn't be quite happy about him becoming a leader.

There's a huge difference between Tyrande and Garrosh as I know. She's a warrior not a murderer, maybe she fights aggressively(look at the Alliance's and Horde's coming to Kalimdor during the 3rd war) with interlopers and enemies but still she's not a heartless person.
Either Anduin
I think that even the notion of war is alien to Anduin right now, let alone start a war against the enemy.

Level 14
There's a huge difference between Tyrande and Garrosh as I know. She's a warrior not a murderer, maybe she fights aggressively(look at the Alliance's and Horde's coming to Kalimdor during the 3rd war) with interlopers and enemies but still she's not a heartless person.

Well, gee, look at Garrosh back at the end of WotLK. He wasn't an aggressive murderer, he was a brilliant tactician who was on a mission to prove himself as worthy as his father.

Level 6
Garrosh is a child compared to Tyrande. Anyway time will tell.
In Elf years yes but he was the military commander of Mag`ar orcs, that still gives his tactical and strategical command over a considerable number of troops.

He had like up to 15 years of constant war with the Burning Legion, Broken and Lost Ones Draenei, Ogres etc.

I would say he is a skilled tactician and decent strategist and not to mention an outstanding warrior.He might not match Tyrande but if he stayed on the right path he could have gotten the experience needed to challenge Tyrande. He still is way better then Varian at commanding troops.

I voted for Anduin. What you guys can't realize is that Tyrande will make a perfect military adviser that frequently argues with the leader. A leader by herself - definitely no. Patton and Rommel were great generals but they would've failed miserably as leaders of their nations (not implying that Hitler did a great job as a leader). de Gaulle did arguably fail miserably.

Either Anduin, Velen, or Greymane. Anduin and Velen are kind of similar (though Velen would fit if the story is to move to a more "Legion is coming direction"), and Greymane - for the sake of having an internal Alliance conflict. I guess people of Stormwind wouldn't be quite happy about him becoming a leader.
We are discussing the role of a Supreme Military Commander here, the Alliance races are all bound by an Alliance while the Horde is like a very loose Federation, which has has the Warchief as the highest ranking official in both politics and military affairs.We can`t speak about a political leaders and even as a figurehead that would mediate between the other leaders of the Alliance I can`t see Anduin - he`s still too naive and inexperienced. Valen could fill the role of mediator.

Level 6
Would you like for the Alliance to have a new leader? If yes then please choose!

That's the title, the word war is never mentioned.
I know, the wording was incorrect since the Alliance has only one single rank that gives control of all Alliance troops in times of war that being Supreme Military Commander.

The Alliance has no political leadership of any kind.

I am sure Heinvers meant the Supreme Military Commander since I mentioned it from the first post and he didn`t "correct" me.

Should I put the "war" word there on da poll?
I would say it would be better to rename it to "Who would be a better Supreme Military Commander?"

Level 6
I forgot that you can't edit polls as a user. Damn it. I said leader anyway, that can be understood as commander too I guess. Anyway the poll is just secondary for the topic of this thread.
Edit: The poll is open for 2 weeks only.
Who cares, almost anyone reads what we write here before casting a vote. :D

Cheers mate . :D

Level 24
Who cares, almost anyone reads what we write here before casting a vote. :D

Cheers mate . :D

That does not change the topic. :p A good ruler need to be a good leader but not a good warrior or tactician. Daenerys Targaryen was not a great warrior or tactician but she had Jorah Mormont, Barristan Selmy and Grey Worm at her side and look at what she accomplished.

Level 6
That does not change the topic. :p A good ruler need to be a good leader but not a good warrior or tactician. Daenerys Targaryen was not a great warrior or tactician but she had Jorah Mormont, Barristan Selmy and Grey Worm at her side and look at what she accomplished.
/Faceslap

I missed the episode.She had luck on her side but as you said, she has good advisors.

Well I was arguing for the Supreme Military Commander rank but if you want to talk about a ruler the I think that Tyrande is still better since Stormwind has in quite a lot of trouble even after Varian came back - poverty, people being thrown out of Stormwind City, inadequate protection in Westfall, Duskwood etc.

Velen and Genn are good choices also.

Care to explain your reasons for that? I know he's not perfect nor that good but it's still a character.
He sucks all attention, he`s used too much used while all other Alliance leaders are reduced to cheering spectators.Plus, as I said he appeared out of nowhere and was given quite a lot of power.Imagine if in the Burning Crusade Thrall stepped down and gave Garrosh the Warchief mantle.

Level 24
Having Jaina as a leader would be as bad as having Garrosh, sadly she allowed Garrrosh to bring her down to his level. And as a blood elf fan this is who I'd want to take care of Jaina.

hOEMRVi_zpse5ccd6bd.jpg

Level 16

I personally think without Varian, Night Elves would probally become the 2 new leaders (with Malfurion leading, Tyrande along his side. There is no #1 leader with the Night Elves, Tyrande, and Malfurion serve BOTH as the leaders, as they always have.
Greymane would be right beside them, after all they have done for his people, Gnomes would still join up with w/e alliance was left though, without a hesitation.

As for the dwarves, they would become in a civil war, No doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.