• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About WoW Models (not regarding exports)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was wondering if many artists here are non-WoW fans? I can certainly relate if that is true, I play it, but I wish it hadn't been made so I could be playing Warcraft 4 right now :bored: But I am still however an enormous fan of warcraft lore, and to be honest, when I came back to find original resources for Warcraft 3 I was surprised that very little existed of popular warcraft characters, even a few that are featured heavily in World of Warcraft. That's why I ask the question.

I'm not needing any resources right now, I still have a lot of learning to do with the world editor before I can make anything of decent quality, but I sure would love to see them.. whether they look identical to their WoW designs or are original interpretations. I also think that they would be a much appreciated addition to the community resources as well. Here's who I am mostly thinking of:

Varian Wrynn - Image 1 | Image 2
is the son of King Llane and the subject of the World of Warcraft comic book who went missing prior to the events of WoW only to show up on the shores of Durotar having no memory of who he is or what happened to him. He was found by an Orc who placed him in a gladiator team along with a Night Elf Druid named Broll Bearmantle and a Blood Elf rogue named Valeera Sanguinar. He became famous in the Orgrimmar arena for his incredible fighting abilities, which earned him the name of "Lo'Gosh" meaning "Ghost Wolf", a figure of Orcish legend. He would escape after a visit to Thunder Bluff, eventually making his way to Theramore where Jaina Proudmoore (along with the aid of Aegwynn) would restore his lost memories. He returns to Stormwind and exposes Lady Katrana Prestor as the Black Dragon Onyxia, who had been manipulating things behind the scenes. She kidnaps Anduin Wrynn, his young son, and journeys to her lair along with a few allies and kills the Dragon, ending her plans and reclaiming the throne of Stormwind. Most recently, he was convinced by Jaina to attend a summit at Theramore with Thrall which he has to be talked into, since he has little love for the Horde after witnessing his father murdered by the half-orc Garona and his Kingdom burned to the ground at an early age.

In Patch 2.3 King Varian Wrynn is returned to the throne room next to Anduin in an original model, as Katrana Prestor and Bolvar Fordragon (now in Northrend) are removed. As the Alliance, Horde and others press the attack on the Scourge, this happens, which Varian sees as a breach of the peace agreement between the two factions, and declares war on the Horde, gathering heroes together to aid him on an attack at the Undercity, to deal with Putress and reclaim Lordaeron for the Alliance. Jaina Proudmoore attempts to explain to him that Putress acted in a coup under the command of Varimathras and that the Horde is not responsible, but all he seeks is vengeance for the death of his friend (Bolvar Fordragon) and his soldiers. Varian rides to Undercity with Jaina and deals with Putress while at the same time, Sylvanas enlists the aid of Thrall to defeat the traitor Varimathras. Once Varimathras is destroyed, Varian Wrynn and his forces appear and he has this to say "I was away for too long. My absence cost us the lives of some of our greatest heroes. Trash like you and this evil witch were allowed to roam free -- unchecked. The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come. I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing. What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief. ATTACK! FOR STORMWIND! FOR BOLVAR! FOR THE ALLIANCE!" It's at this point that Jaina Proudmoore catches up and freezes both forces in a block of ice, transporting Varian and his forces back to Stormwind.
I think he would obviously be a huge addition to the resource archive as the current leader of the Alliance in warcraft lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.