• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Variable Harrays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Can someone explain to me what they are exacly ? I know how to use them, but I never know if I need 1 or more because I don't know what they actually do :cool:

Second question is, how do I remove with the RemoveLocation script a point variable with harrays ? tried the normal way (call RemoveLocation( udg_VariableName )) but it didn't work.

3rd question :p
Why does this trigger causes a crash ? 0.0

• Unknown Activation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff My_Buff) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Target = (Triggering unit)
      • Trigger - Add to Unknown<gen> the event (Unit - Target Takes damage)
  • Unknown
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc = (Position of Target)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempLoc using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Set SpecialEffects[1] = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempLoc using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FreezingBreath\FreezingBreathTargetArt.mdl
      • Set SpecialEffects[2] = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempLoc using Abilities\Spells\Human\CloudOfFog\CloudOfFog.mdl
      • Set SpecialEffects[3] = (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage Target, dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at TempLoc, dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempLoc )
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffects[1]
      • Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffects[2]
      • Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffects[3]

4th question ^^
Is there a way to make a point flying in the air ? (instead a point on the ground...)
Thanks in advance :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Arrays make your variable have, well, arrays. so, that means you can make one variable have more than one use if assigned a number. if you keep it at one(thats what i do) you can have as many as you want however changing it doesnt do anything (afaik) i think it just limits the amount of the array you can have total.

call RemoveLocation(udg_var[index])

its probably your first trigger

a point with a Z offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.