• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Clearing special Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ive never fully understood leaks of removing or destroying stuff but i got a problem with removing special effect here my problem

Heres wut i put
  • Wrath
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (0.00, -500.00)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeEmbers.mdl
  • Set SpecialEffects[10] = (Last created special effect)
  • Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffects[10]
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_SpecialEffects[10])

This is my leak checker telling me its all good and removed but when i tested game warcraft came up with the error crap saying "Invalided Argument Type (effect)

so i redid the trigger as

• Wrath
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (0.00, -500.00)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeEmbers.mdl
  • Set SpecialEffects[10] = (Last created special effect)
  • Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffects[10]
  • Custom script: call DestroyEffect(udg_SpecialEffects[10])
I just want to know if i removed it or not

Level 6
well the way you did your second way your destroying the effect 2 times and i dont think destroy special effect leaks and your using a global variable so no need to null them cuz they dont leak once you add something else to the variable the old data is removed

Status
Not open for further replies.