• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Variable determined ability availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello I'm no pro at the world editor, but something has been bugging my mind a lot for a while now.

I'm attempting to create my own campaign, and in it I want for players to be able to select which troop they want to use for the rest of the campaign. So far that's gone smoothly, the issue is:

I want these variable troops to have abilities, that you have to research at the production building before you can use, just like any old other ability. however when I do this, I also get the upgrade for the other troop which I did not select for that campaign playthrough. There's an option to disable unit availability, but I can't find anything to restrict research availability, all I can see is a learned or unlearned. I'm probably just blind but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 11
You can give a techtree requirement to the research that depends on a dummy unit. Then, you can create or remove the dummy unit for the player through triggers to toggle the research's availability.

Level 2
Use...
  • Player - Set the max research level of Iron Forged Swords to 0 for Player 1 (Red)
Setting the max research level to 0 should disable the research option, hopefully removing the command card button for it in the process.
Ah, I misread that trigger when I gaced upon it. Thought it meant that it would research the upgrade, and not just make it available for research, thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.