• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Verifying Ability Variable... Nullity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I had posted this on TheHelper already, but got no response, so I'll try it here. I'm using Baka's custom ability system but want to edit to to fit my needs. I'm trying to make it record all the abilities owned by all heroes in a single variable, and also I'm trying to make the abilities add immediately after you get the item. This means that instead of the loop going through my inventory, it will go through the variable instead. To check which variable-in-array-variable it will overwrite, I want to make a condition that simply checks if an ability variable is NULL. Another 'version' of this is 'If ability is empty' or something.

Basically, I just need something that will replace 'Ability X equal to no ability', or 'Variable x is empty'.

Any way to do this?

EDIT: Damn, wrong forum. Shame I can't move it now.

Level 21
bah, wehz will do fine I guess... Though I don't really understand your question...

1) link to baka's custom ability system?
2) "...owned by all heroes in a single variable, and also I'm trying to make the abilities add immediately after you get the item."
what abilities? what items? Could you please elaborate what you try to do, as it's vague imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.