• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Valley of the Trollzorz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
A tad old, but I decided to put it up here anyways. Any comments are welcome!

*UPDATE* I'm really unhappy with the water, and the only way i can change it is to make it wc3 water with the alpha tile. Which is too much work and I want to finish my other terrain as quickly as I can.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_100810_205707_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_100810_205707_01.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,781
Last edited:
Level 6
Really nice work, only the trees on the right look a bit awkward (some kind of stretched). The background is absolutely great....

-The sun is perfect, shading is cool so is the atmosphere.
-That door with the skull on the right looks really ugly, try constructing something of your own, also you should add another layer of mountains in the background. The rocks you used are kind of spiky, tall and ugly. Try raising the ground or at least use the steinlords rocks as background, would look better. The bluish ruin on the left side of the screen looks ugly with it's bad texture, replace it or remove it. Good job anyway.

Level 19
Allright man... just as said above, the background is amazing!!! Though the water is lacking detail and makes it look very unrealistic. Remember, water is mainly reflections, and since you have a yellowish sky, the water probably wont be blue. Also, blizzard water would look better in this picture i believe.

And someone should turn off shading on that tree models leaves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.