• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Info] Validator - Unit Order Target Type: Ability field implicit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Unit Order Target Type.
I need to know as much as someone knowledgeable about Validators can tell me about this particular validator. Wiki diving got me nowhere.
Most importantly, is the Ability field implicit? If I validate an effect with it, will it automatically assume that the ability being checked is the ability the effect came from?

(Shout-out to Dr. Super Good, maybe? Seems to know his way around Validators.)

Level 7
Well you'll have everything. May need to use JASS to get the orderId and check wether the order is and actual order or an ability.

Level 4
I think it needs the Ability field filled in to work. No super-smart validator for me.
I looked at the only ability in the game that uses this validator (Zealot's Charge), which uses it to determine whether to attack move toward a point (if fails) or Charge toward a unit (if success).
Looks like I'm making a pair of validators for each ability like this, and not a pair of validators that I can reuse over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.