• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] check (or condition) "does unit have valid pathable route to target"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was hoping to find a check, or a condition, which is able to determine weather or not a unit has a valid path to another unit?

My reasoning is in the context of mazing.
Something like:

If there is a valid path that a unit has to it's current target
then order unit to attack Target
else order unit to attack move toward position of target.

would be ideal. (I understand SC2 has a native oncdition along the lines of "can unit move from point A to point B" but I don't want to use sc2.

Thanks.

Something like this is impossible without a complex pathing algorithm.

Tower defences usually use hidden units that get constantly sent through your maze and if they haven't moved for a certain amount of time, the player is punished (as when the unit can not reach the target, it will try to get close to the target and then stop moving).

Level 7
Ah OK. Yes I understand these triggers use the "get unit order = none" then explode.

So I guess my next question is... How does This map (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...a-79998/?prev=search=kodo%20treme&d=list&r=20) control the orders of the Kodos. They seem to fairly intelligently track down the player units or, if there is no path, begin to attack structures.

I've tried to reverse engineer the code but as the map was deprotected I find it very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.