• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Order Condition Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Greetings, I'm working on a little side project and I'm making a system that requires the detection of orders(Issued and Auto-acquired). I haven't been able to find a thread that can help me with this problem yet. FYI it's a turn based game like final fantasy tactics.

Firstly for now I need to know:

I have a turn system that only allows a specific unit to move/attack. The problem comes in with the movement system, it is based on the event(No other triggers use this event).

• Events
  • Unit is issued an order targeting an object
  • Unit is issued an order targeting a point
  • Unit is issued an order with no target
But this movement system also detects attacks, so even if a unit attacks before it moves it starts counting down the time left for the unit to move (The distance a unit can travel is based on an amount of time, and not a distance. So system counts down time and not distance traveled).

• Conditions
  • And Conditions
  • (Issued order) equal to (Order(smart))
  • (Issued order) not equal to (Order(attack))
These conditions don't seem to stop the trigger of the movement system when a unit attacks, and I really have no idea about detection of unit orders.

Please Help!
Aschy

P.S. I have included the map, this is really just an idea phase and I made it in kinda of a hurry. If you really need to test it you may.

Attachments

• Tactics Test.w3x
    24.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 8
You don't want it to count down when a unit attacks right?

Exactly, I only want the movement system to trigger if a unit moves, patrols, (Starts to move for any reason). The only time I don't want the movement system to trigger is when a unit is attacked or a spell is cast (And doesn't have to move from his current position).

I don't get why
  • (Issued order) not equal to (Order(attack))
Doesn't detect that

EDIT:
Just so more information to help you if you need it. Don't let this part confuse you thou.
Lets say a unit starts moving (and lets say he has 5 seconds to move where he wants), and at 2.5 seconds he attacks an enemy unit the movement timer does not stop after he attacks. If this unit wishes he still has 2.5 seconds to flee from the unit he attacked.

EDIT: P.S. The fact that when a unit attacks that the timer starts is irrelevant, the movement system trigger should not trigger unless a unit moves for any reason not if he attacks from where he started when it became his turn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.