• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Uther Party, Secret Lich Minigame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Has anyone ever figured out if there is a secret Lich minigame?
I thought if anyone did, you guys here from hiveworkshop would know.

There are some forum entries from 10-15 years ago about a few steps you have to take to summon Lich, but nobody ever figured out if there was more.

Level 2
There is a version that is called 'Fix', afaik the only one that is playable after all the recent patches.

I thought the Lich was in all Uther Partys? Not Uther Party 2 though.

How would i look at the triggers? I am a world editor noob, I only like to play Uther.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
How would i look at the triggers? I am a world editor noob, I only like to play Uther.
Use MPQEdit to extract the primary JASS script file from the map. Then look through the JASS script file for any triggers involving a secret. If it is chat command based you could search for all chat events and check what their triggers do.

Level 2
I was hoping for someone to know the Secret, this sounds a little bit out of my league

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
I heard that there is no Lich game, at least in Ultima-Z or Ultima-X. I got obsessed with figuring it out after one person told me something about it, but apparently there's no solution to the puzzle. You get the lich to pick up the item, you type the code, you breathe fire, you cast blizzard in the spot (or whatever the order of actions is, I haven't tried to do it in years), and then that's as far as it goes. The puzzle was never finished and neither was the minigame itself. Sure you can impress the pubs by showing how you know all the implemented steps to the Lich game, but it's never going to get you anywhere because the game just isn't done, according to about four people I've talked to over the years who were knowledgeable about the Lich "game."
Sorry to be a downer.

Reactions: y7`
Level 2
Oh thank you for the info. I heard there was no minigame at all or read it on forum entries which are like 10+years old, so I thought maybe someone had discovered it in the meantime. They all mention something about a timer of 10sec in which you have to do another trick before the Lich goes something like "time ran out".

Status
Not open for further replies.