• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

USMPTD. v1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A basic Tower defense I have been working on last summer. Hope you'll enjoy.

Keywords:
TD, Tower defense, Upsimus, Upsimuspron, Megapron
Contents

USMPTD. v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
22:17, 8th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: See post #1, I checked it myself this map doesn't promise much indeed, Rejected. Use our Map Development Forum if you want to continue work on your map.

M

22:17, 8th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
See post #1, I checked it myself this map doesn't promise much indeed, Rejected. Use our Map Development Forum if you want to continue work on your map.

Level 11
Here's my review, final score is at the end.

Description: 1/5
Hive description has almost nothing, you just say it's a basic TD, ingame description is also lacking.

Terrain: 1/5
No tile variation, just grass everywhere and dirt on the path, almost no doodads at all.

Imported material: 1/5
Almost no imported material, and most of it doesn't fit (2 out of the 3 custom models I could see don't fit the map at all)

Balance: 2/5
Zombie tower is a bit overpowered, since you can make an army of zombies during the non-boss waves, and then just kill the bosses with zombies since they deal 200 damage per hit. Might not be so overpowered at the end waves, but then the player already has masses of gold and can make stronger towers easily.

Originality: 2/5
"Just a basic TD", do I need to say more? The only thing that makes it not recive a 1/5 is the fact that builders can attack, which I didn't see in any other TD (except for Blizzard's Skibi TD) yet.

Obejct editor work: 2/5
There could be a bigger variety of towers, but at least the ones that are in game are not similiar to each other.

Machine/net friendly: 5/5
Map doesn't seem to lag at all, even after playing for a long time.

Spelling and grammar: 3/5
Most of it is spelled correctly, but there are a few things like "ice towah" and "u lost a life" that lowered the score a little.

Bug-free: 2/5
There are a few bugs like, the zombie tower must attack at least two times to convert to zombie and a major bug with the exclamation mark tower (crappy name btw), it requires you to build a random tower to be able to make it, but when you build a random tower it instantly turns into another tower, so it doesn't allow you to make the ! tower or upgrade zombie tower.

Fun factor: 2/5
Can be fun for people who like TDs, but gets boring after a while.

Overall: 21/50

Voted for Rejection.