• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
If you don't import custom sound, you just use the Use Sound at the sound editor, will it increase the map size or anything?

And what's the different between the play sound. If I just want the sound to be played for the units nearby a location, which action should I use? (GUI)
Currently I'm using the Play Sound At Point I think it's called, but there's a Z configure, what's that?

Level 18
The map size will slightly increase, like the normal stuff, when you're adding units, triggers and so on, so just a few KB.. because, like Xiliger said, the data is used from the MPQ..

I believe the play sound at position is a 3D Sound, so you can adjust the hearrange, like 800 or so, and you will hear the sound within a radius of 800 of this unit.. Z normally means the way up for 3D stuff, so maybe the cam scroll thingy, the closer you get the louder it will be.. dunno..

But if you use normall sounds, like attack sound or some other, replace the command sounds of the unit, so that there's no need of using triggers for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.