• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using "Devour" on Heroes causes bugs? Known Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey Guys!

I created a cooperative puzzle hack n slay game. Yes, it will be as awesome as it sounds :D

But well, to my problem: I use NPC-Units using "Devour"-Ability (Kodo Beast based). The only things changed are the possible Targets of the Ability, so it can be Cast on Heroes, and the Unit Model got changed.

When one of the Heroes got devoured and the devouring unit got slayn, _sometimes_ the unit does not appear again. When clicked on Portrait, where it is still alive, it says something like "invalid target".

Did i do something wrong? Random bug? Known Issue? Any Workarounds?

Theres the Trigger, dont think theres something wrong with it:
  • Devour
    • Ereignisse
      • Einheit - A unit comes within 256.00 of [Unit] <gen>
    • Bedingungen
    • Aktionen
      • Einheit - Order [Unit] 0041 <gen> to Orc-Kodo-Beast - 'Devour' (Triggering unit)

Level 3
Dying Units did work properly, they got revived by my Trigger as usual. The Devouring Unit was slayn before the Hero died when the bug occured.

Level 10
Hey Guys!

I created a cooperative puzzle hack n slay game. Yes, it will be as awesome as it sounds :D

But well, to my problem: I use NPC-Units using "Devour"-Ability (Kodo Beast based). The only things changed are the possible Targets of the Ability, so it can be Cast on Heroes, and the Unit Model got changed.

When one of the Heroes got devoured and the devouring unit got slayn, _sometimes_ the unit does not appear again. When clicked on Portrait, where it is still alive, it says something like "invalid target".

Did i do something wrong? Random bug? Known Issue? Any Workarounds?

Theres the Trigger, dont think theres something wrong with it:
  • Devour
    • Ereignisse
      • Einheit - A unit comes within 256.00 of [Unit] <gen>
    • Bedingungen
    • Aktionen
      • Einheit - Order [Unit] 0041 <gen> to Orc-Kodo-Beast - 'Devour' (Triggering unit)

Try using "Soul Theft" ability instead :ogre_icwydt:

But I have an ability based on Devour in my map... It never let me down yet)) maybe you didn't set damage for devoured unit so it hides him... if it's so - try seting 0.1 damage and check it...

Status
Not open for further replies.