• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with getting a unit to cast devour and then move to a specific point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Basically, im trying to make a unit "carry" another ENEMY unit to a certain place for a specific reason. I found the best workaround was probably devour, BUT, i cant seem to order the unit to actually move after casting the ability. its possible im using slightly the wrong command or something, but i did a basic "unit casts ability, ability equal to devour, order casting unit to move to X point", and it didnt appear to work, ive tried many combinations of this trigger in case it was a channelled ability or something, and none of those seem to work either. Im basically new to this stuff (this is my first map), so id kinda like to avoid messing around with too many variables unless absolutely required.

Anyone got any advice for me on this one?

Level 25
You can't order a unit to devour and order it to move instantly after as the move order will override the move order.

Your best bet would be to order your unit to devour the unit, then have a different trigger that detects when the ability devour is used by the event "A unit starts the effect of an ability" (or finish?)

Or

Use a customized transport ability that allows you to target enemy units.

Level 2
Well, honestly the situation is that i dont even have a trigger to make the units cast devour, its an autocast ability and it happens frequently enough i dont need a trigger for it. I just want one to make the unit move after casting devour, and nothing obvious appears to be working.

Level 2
it is casting the ability and holding the unit just fine, the issue is in the "movement" part, not the ability. i know the ability isnt autocast, im saying, the ai automatically casts it very frequently so no need for a trigger.

EDIT: Ive managed to get the mob to move to OTHER points, its just points over a certain distance away for some reason, the mob appears to be "leashing" back to its spawn point after a certain range, which i dont want it to do. Mob is set to "not flee".

final Edit: managed to fix it somehow, the issue appeared to be specifically to do with the owner of the unit, it was on player 12, not working, changed to player 10, working. no idea why or how. changed back to player 12, working on that too. not a clue what happened, but so long as its working thats all that matters -thanks for your help anyhow :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.