• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

User Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello,
Is there a way to hide the names + numbers of hero attributes from players?
You know, when you select a hero in-game it shows to you in the middle it's Strength(x), Agility(y), Intelligence(z).
Is there a way to hide BUT NOT remove them.

Thank you.

Level 8
U could disable selection, so other players won't be able to click on ur Hero.
Another way, more dangerous and not tested way, would be to remove in the gameplay constants all effects of the attributes and add them manualy. Now u could try to set the attributes only local for each player this shouldn't cause a desync.

Level 7
i think you can edit the UI textures to cover that part of the UI easy to do with most photoshop programs just put a black image over the area that shows the stats then create a selection that leaves a small area covered just over the hero attributes

That'll be tough, or even impossible for me to do.
I tried changing the look of the cursor before, turned out as a failure unfortunately.

Though, the question would be is the UI textures able to cover that part of the screen? If so, I could go and request for someone to do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.