• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Uploading Reforged Models Still Has Bugs [Preventing Uploads]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reforged Beta Succubus Variants with Whips

I just uploaded this reforged model and in the end it was too buggy and got Server Error and stuff and so I just uploaded a zip file of the assets in the first post on the model.
These models that I am uploading are literally Blizzard assets that are unmodified but were deleted in a patch from Reforged, so this is not even a weird corner case, I'm literally uploading in-game models.

Bug 1: When uploading a model that uses .TIF extension to refer to its textures, if the model needs a custom texture override to the in-game texture, I can't upload the custom texture because it has .DDS extension but the site demands .TIF even though the in-game texture was actually a .DDS. So, if you can imagine, this model refers to Units/Demon/VileTemptress/VileTemptress_main_Diffuse.tif from inside the game files, but the model that I am uploading requires a different texture at that same exact path because it uses the version of the texture that was in the Reforged Beta historically at the same path. But the texture included in the game was never .tif, it is .dds. So when I go to upload on top of the "?: Only Upload Here If You Changed This File" option, then I am blocked because of the extension.

Bug 2: As a workaround I tried to upload the textures to the bundle using "Add Texture", but if I upload a Normal Map in this way, the website attempts to generate an image preview of the Normal Map, but it uses a special blizzard format and crashes the Hive preview generator and all I get is "Server Error" and I am not allowed to upload the texture.

Bug 3: When I preview this models with "View in 3D" they SHOULD NOT WORK because I DID NOT UPLOAD THE TEXTURE FILES but they still do work. The only possible explanation for this is that Hive is using an OUT OF DATE copy of the Reforged game files that is from the Beta, or that its process for updating the files is not overwriting them when you load in the newest patch to the Hive mirror of the CASC.

Status
Not open for further replies.