• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upload Limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Okay, yesterday when I went to upload an image of desktop for a thread, I found out that I could not, becuase I was roughly 14 MB over my limit. What's with this?Did you just decide to start imposing limits now, because it makes no sense. For example: The max size of a .MDX upload is 5.00 Mb, but that is afr beyond the current upload limit, which I'm not even sure what it is... but I suspect around 1 MB or so. Why put caps on uploads? There is plenty of space available last I checked, and how are we supposed to attach anything to a post if everything we need to upload is over the limit. Sorry for grief if this is a bug, but if this is an admin warrented thing, then I am not amused :\

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

14 MB over the limit? Why bother trying to submit such a huge image anyway? Save it as a Jpg, it'll be loads smaller.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
14 MB over the limit? Why bother trying to submit such a huge image anyway? Save it as a Jpg, it'll be loads smaller.
Indeed :eekani:

If an image has such a large file size, please dont even bother using our attachments (waste of our space). Use, for instance, imageshack etc. instead...

I made the limit of 5 MB. There's no point to attach anything over that filesize to your post(s).

Level 36
No! Guys the image wasen't that big LOL. When I went to upload it, all of my past attachments totalled over 14 mb. I had several maps and some models attached to some threads from previous posts. So I had to go and delete all of those attachments just to upload new things :( It was not in the Rrsource sectiom, these are just files attached to posts.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
So, in the Attachments of the User CP, the page where it displays everything you've attached to your posts, you say everything in total is 14 MB, and that you can't upload anything else without deleting previously attached items (in a resumed way).

Well, I only uploaded a Word file on the Story / Writting forum, so I really can't tell if there's a limit or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.