• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Upgrading Towers - Need a detailed process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone,
I appologize now for the length of this thread. For about a week now I have seached thourgh endless forums, problem shot in the editor, and read several tutorials about building a TD map. Everything has helped me tremendously. Although I have failed to find anything explaining exactly how to set your towers to upgrade just like in game. I have my custom towers created: First you would build a basic tower, then you should be able to chose from 4 differnt upgrades to make it a lvl 2. Then that type of lvl 2 has its own upgrades to lvl 3,. ect.

- I need to know how to link each upgrade to the correct previous upgrade/tower.
- Also replacing it with the correct tower graphic and abilities.

I do have the "upgrade, first" then second then third, stuff set as the official towers are. Its frustrating me so much Im losing the desire to finish. so please dont let me go crazy this weekend. Oh I only have the ROC editor. I am not useing the TFT editor in case there is a difference.
Thank you for all your replies!!!

Level 8
To find out what each tower looks like, look in the Object Editor for the tower's required thingy and base model. Then use that.

To do an upgrade, simply add the towers you want into the Upgrades To box in the Object Editor.

Level 2
PLEASE POST REPLY , IM DYING HERE!!!!

Ok here are the problems I came to with those intructions.
-There isnt an object editor. There is an object manager and a Unit editor.
- There isnt anything having to do with tower required or base model in eighter of those.
- There is a requirments option in the unit editor but setting it up that way didnt work.
- There is no "Upgrade to" anywhere. There is an Upgrades used and Reasearches availible option in the unit editor. Both of them when clicked come up with icons for abilities. I cannot choose my custom towers. No units to select from at all.
- The only things you can do in the Object manager is change the percent of health it starts with and who the unit belongs to.
- There is a Cross Reference option but that does NOTHING when I click on it.
Sorry there is so much to read it is just im just so confused as of how to do this. so PLEASE help me out here.

Level 2
Quick and Easy

Ok for all of you who are having the same "upgrades to" Problem in the editor. It isnt there unless you have download the 1.16 patch or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.