• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrading a unit to place another unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I couldn't find any threads that pertained to this, and I'm tired of trying to trouble shoot this issue. What I am trying to do is simply set the Human's knight unit to be upgraded to a new Paladin unit I made. I completely copied exactly how it's done on the Orcs side, yet everytime I start the game, either it shows the Paladin as a trainable unit off the start, or it doesn't show him at all, and I can't use my knights once they get upgraded. If someone could please help me, it would be most appreciative.

Level 5
Sorry about the long wait for the reply, I didn't have internet for awhile. So how exactly would it work with using that upgrade? Would I have to do triggers or what? Because I've completely masked the troll headhunter upgrade.

Level 3
If you used the upgrade, you won't require any triggering. All you need is to use the upgrade. When you upgrade that "knight->Paladin" upgrade in a unit/structure, like the troll head hunter in the ladder games, all the knights available in the map will transform into the paladin. If you were to train the knights in a barracks or something, they will come out as paladins. I did not refer to the editor for this but theoretically it will work the same way it did for the troll head hunters.

Level 17
the knights icon disappears, and I can't make Paladins.

for me allow to make paladin, just knight no coz obviously without icon kinda hard to make :D

acctually u need trigger this, instead use upgrade

but acctually what u want make?

upgrade destriction say transform all knights to paladin, this happen on your map and knights unit type remove because already have 1 trainable paladin unit type.

whats wrong with it?
u want train knights after u researched paladin upgrade without turning knight to paladin automatically??

Status
Not open for further replies.