• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Update tooltips per level (in a 50-lvl ability)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Right click -> press copy. Now just Ctrl + V on each similar field :p
Or just: Ctrl + C ->>>> Ctrl + V the destination field.

There is also 'Autofill level' option if you right-click field in ability that has more than 1 level.
For tooltips, change nothing in wandow that gonna appear, just accept it by clicking 'Ok'.

Level 13
Press crtl+D (display as raw data).
Then you see your spell's ID, something like 'A00D'.
And the values of your spell are Rng1,2,3 .. DataA1,2,3 ...

Example (Unholy Aura):
ID is 'AUau'
Movement speed is 'DataA1' to 'DataA3'
The tooltip is
Increases nearby friendly units' movement speed by <AUau,DataA1,%>% and life regeneration rate.
(note the ',%'. This multiplies the actual data by 100 for the tooltip. You can just leave it away for non-percentage values)

Now just auto refill using the default values.

If you want to use custom formulas the only was is to use a data field that isn't used by the spell.
For example if you use an aura, you can use the cooldown time for custom formulas.

Level 20
I tried doing kleinerhauck way, but when you call 'AUau' data, you actually call the Original WC3 Default Skill data, and not your custom skill (Based on 'AUau') data, so, that would only work when manipulating the common WC3 abilities, and not custom created. (As far as I Know)

Level 20
You could just set the formula on the tooltip for the user to think a bit. You can post a legend of the symbols in a Quest for users to understand tooltips, and set the formula in the skill tooltip like '(Ulvl * Slvl) + (SP)' Would be '(Unit Level * Skill Level) + (Spell Power)' or whatever. As long as the formula is the same for all the skill levels.

Level 13
I tried doing kleinerhauck way, but when you call 'AUau' data, you actually call the Original WC3 Default Skill data, and not your custom skill (Based on 'AUau') data, so, that would only work when manipulating the common WC3 abilities, and not custom created. (As far as I Know)

Your custom abilities get new IDs.. just press Ctrl+D and look what they are in the tree-view at the left.
For example the first custom ability has the ID A000.
So you just write <A000,DataA1> to get the value from DataA1, then auto-fill.
It's really comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.