• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Unnamed Tag Map #467]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Deforestation - Released

Deforestation
This is a tag map that, unlike others, focuses on hiding instead of base buildings/massing towers etc.
It is essentially a free for all game where one person is randomly chosen to start off as the Hunter. He must (obviously) hunt down the Runners who can create and hide in trees/other natural Destructibles. When a Runner chooses their Destructible type, a Treant will spawn - their first and best fighter that has a very high regeneration rate.
If a Hunter kills a runner, he will gain a point and essentially swap places with the player he killed, becoming a Runner and vice versa.
This game does not, however, involve nothing but hiding, Runners CAN build a few buildings and raise an army, but these make finding hiding places a lot easier as they can be seen above the trees.
This map is designed to be played with any number of players and has a difficulty scaling system that tweaks the Demons attack speed and health.

This map has been released, it is available here!

Last edited:
Level 4
I just want to tell you, cus it sounds like when you hide in a tree the unit is underneath the tree leaves, if this is the case then remember theres the option to show life all time, which would make it very easy to see people in trees :) (im not sure i misunderstood it all, but hey ;P)

Level 4
Great map , I have come across one bug.... I was playing with some friends and they told me they could see eachother.. So it was really easy to find eachother...
Besides They were all allied and I was their enemy .. even if I wasn't a demon

Apart from that.. Keep up the good work , This map has great potential

Level 19
Yes, that version was REALLY flawed, I fixed it in Version 6

EDIT. Version 7 is a big update that follows my first real test of this. It adds automatic Destructible growth instead of having to constantly you the ability and fixed HEAPS of bugs :). It also adds a spell that makes finding Runners a lot easier, making gameplay better for Demons.

Last edited:
Level 19
Good idea, I always forget to do things during Betas D:

EDIT. Version 7
Added Credits and made a heap of visual improvements such as coloured text and much better tooltips.
Also started work on a Multiboard but couldn't be bothered finishing it D:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.