• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unnamed Forest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: GMBwarcraft3
Unnamed Forest
Player Suggest: 1v1
Theme: Forest
Map Created by AGKRegal

full

Map Description:
It's too hot to explore.

Neutral Buildings:
2 Expansions
1 Goblin Merchant
1 Goblin Laboratory
1 Tavern

v1.1
-added missing short grass to east part
-added more trees for bottom-east
-replaces forest troll camps lv1 permanent to lv1 power-up
-replaces gnoll camps lv1 power-up to lv1 permanent
-removed too many flowers and shrub
-change screenshot
v1.0
-released on HIVE

Creator Note:
Map size is 96x96 instead of 64x64.
Description inspired by Zucth
Contents

Unnamed Forest (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hello again! It's nice to see you continue mapping, but unfortunately this map still has several weaknesses. The map looks good and is very easy to understand. But having so many dead ends in the mdidle is rarely ever a good idea. What's more, there...
No update for months since the last review. Set to useful/simple!
I played the map for a while and I can see there's effort put in the map. Decent terrain, correct item drops, some tile variation, and the symmetry.

But I have some suggestions:

1. The Goblin Merchant and Lab on opposite ends at the center of the map seems imbalanced. If the player closest to the lab secures it, then they can exploit the shredders for a lumber advantage. Same goes with the player closest to the Merchant, they can just lock it down and have the item shop for themselves (at least in the early game). Instead of having one of each, just have two of one type.... or, you can have Goblin Merchants at the middle, and Goblin Labs at the north and south points where the green camps are. You'd have to relocate those green camps though.

2. The item drops seem to be right, but the orange and red camps should at least have 2, and max. 3 for the red camps. Only 1 item per creep though, as you'd want the players to finish the entire camp and not run off after killing one.

3. Although there was good tile variation in the west part, the east part of the map didn't get the same love. I liked the Grass - Short Grass - Dirt transition, but on the east part, you're missing out on a lot of short grass you should be placing.

4. There is barely any doodads at all, except for the trees and some flowers. It wouldn't hurt to place some rocks, some shrubs (some, don't just spam them), and other atmospheric doodads to improve the environment. It's really just trees and flowers right now.

At its current state, it is playable. The only possible problem would be my 1st suggestion, where each player has a different advantage based on which shop is closest to them.

I vote for Approval. Happy mapping!

Level 14
I played the map for a while and I can see there's effort put in the map. Decent terrain, correct item drops, some tile variation, and the symmetry.

But I have some suggestions:

1. The Goblin Merchant and Lab on opposite ends at the center of the map seems imbalanced. If the player closest to the lab secures it, then they can exploit the shredders for a lumber advantage. Same goes with the player closest to the Merchant, they can just lock it down and have the item shop for themselves (at least in the early game). Instead of having one of each, just have two of one type.... or, you can have Goblin Merchants at the middle, and Goblin Labs at the north and south points where the green camps are. You'd have to relocate those green camps though.

2. The item drops seem to be right, but the orange and red camps should at least have 2, and max. 3 for the red camps. Only 1 item per creep though, as you'd want the players to finish the entire camp and not run off after killing one.

3. Although there was good tile variation in the west part, the east part of the map didn't get the same love. I liked the Grass - Short Grass - Dirt transition, but on the east part, you're missing out on a lot of short grass you should be placing.

4. There is barely any doodads at all, except for the trees and some flowers. It wouldn't hurt to place some rocks, some shrubs (some, don't just spam them), and other atmospheric doodads to improve the environment. It's really just trees and flowers right now.

At its current state, it is playable. The only possible problem would be my 1st suggestion, where each player has a different advantage based on which shop is closest to them.

I vote for Approval. Happy mapping!

Thank you for my positive feedback.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hello again!
It's nice to see you continue mapping, but unfortunately this map still has several weaknesses.
The map looks good and is very easy to understand. But having so many dead ends in the mdidle is rarely ever a good idea.
What's more, there are a few outright bugs:
1. At the blue starting positions, humans/orcs need to put 7 workers in the mine to continuously mine gold, instead of the normal 5.
2. The trees at the starting positions are just too far away, so anyone except nightelves will have reduced wood income, and the bases cant be walled early on.
3. There are many gaps between trees. For example, footmen can reach the lab from behind by going thought the forest. Especially for 1v1, this is not good. Place trees by using the size 2 circular bruch, and place trees by single clicks so that they align perfectly with exisitng trees

Furthermore:
4. The itemdrops at the shop/lab are too weak.
5. The forests at the expansions have the same problem as in the main bases.
6. Fastexpanding is not really possible, which normally should be the case for 1v1.
7. Earlygame creeping is bad, with just very weak camps near the base. In fact even taking both green camps will not give you lvl 2.
8. The terrain is basic, especially in the center. Barely any doodads are used at all.

So there are many ways to improve the map, and you should address at least some of them. Map set to Awaiting Update.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

No update for months since the last review. Set to useful/simple!