• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Unloading units on a distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here is an idea I have for my map:

"I have a building that up to 6 units can be loaded into. The building has an "unload-spell" and he targets an area on the map with the spell and those units are unloaded at that spot. "

Can such a spell be created?

Level 2
Have you played around with the spell in the object editor? That's your first place to go to. Try playing around with the ranges of where you can unload and if the building has to be in the spot to unload them there(assuming you want the building to be stationary). Maybe have the range set to unlimited, and then in the trigger editor, set it up so it reconizes the spell being used, and saves the point where it's cast, and then moves all the units in the building to that spot.

Level 10
Thanks for your help! It works fine with changin cast range. However, units are unloaded instantly anywhere on the map. There is no way players can see this coming. I wonder if it is possible to "mark" the spot where the units are about to be unloaded. Kinda like a townportal works, when a player uses a townportal, the other player sees that the enemy army is coming. Is something similar able to make with the unload spell?

Last edited:
Level 10
When they are unloaded, hide/pause them and display the effect, wait a while, and show/unpause them again.

I choose Event - Unit begins casting an ability, that being the unit that unloads. But no effect is displayed at the target area where the unload is placed. How do I do so the trigger knows where to display the effect?

Level 10
When they are unloaded, hide/pause them and display the effect, wait a while, and show/unpause them again.

Pause action exists.

Just search for the event.

If I pause the action, that will just pause the unload? But I need the trigger to effect the units so they are paused and hidden, but how do I make a trigger that effects unloaded units?

Level 8
Pause and hide after they are unloaded. Then put an effect attached to one of the units, wait for 3.50 seconds or something then unpause/show. I think thats what they are trying to say

Level 10
Try this...
  • Unload Para
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Unload (Sea Transports)
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Target point of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeTarget.mdl
Unload cast range to 99999, and casting time to example 5 seconds... You can use other special effect, but FlamestrikeTarget.mdl is good for Para-Troop or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.