• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Unlimited Tiles...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So uhm, I know you need special programs/whatever/stuff to like get unlimited tiles or something, but idk like....i made a map and changed the tiles with: Advanced > Modify Tiles maybe a couple times, and somehow I was able to pick like 6 extra tiles. and depending on the tile (like if i had 2 trimmed grasses or something) it would bug. I couldn't re-add tiles after i saved it and went back to try to find better tile combo's. would just remove the tile amount so i had to cancel out and keep what I had lel.??? any thoughts?

ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE KIDS:ogre_datass::ogre_datass::ogre_datass:

Level 6
Save the map first then you should be able to change tiles I think, I had a similar issue and this probably fixed it for me, don't remember though.

Level 9
Okay I just made another map under dalaran ruins, maxed map size, sea level thing: 5. Deep Water map. And I just literally got every single tile right now again. the tiles overlap one another though. like if you have all the tiles you lay down leaves, and you get (village?) rock(unbuildable). wtf

Level 6
Tiles normally overlap on each other, you can change the order in tileset editor, since tiles overlapping on each other are a result of terrain overgo (too lazy to find the tutorial, google it).

It would help to specify what map editor you're using though, I assume you use newgen to take advantage of extra tiles though.

Level 24
That is a pain to use with stuff like grass and dirt and ... well, everything that covers a relatively large area.
But it is useful in some cases, and as it is the only solution so far, I guess we will have to deal with it.

That is a pain to use with stuff like grass and dirt and ... well, everything that covers a relatively large area.
But it is useful in some cases, and as it is the only solution so far, I guess we will have to deal with it.
Actually, a healthy amount of multitiles solves many problems. They are great in situations where you don't need tile borders anyway, like interiors or dungeon floors.

I also use them for transitional areas that connect two other tiles with each other smoothly, for example, transitioning between earth and snow (made a greyish earth tile for that and put it into a multitile, since both earth and snow borders will be used on top of that).

Status
Not open for further replies.