• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Adding tile variation In-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, I would like to know if there is anyway to add tile variation AFTER the game has started... I have already made a trigger to change the terrain type to Northrend Snow... but it makes the whole map just one tile... is there any way to have it use the other tiles from the northrend tile set while in-game?

Level 30
There are several ways of doing this.
1. Create regions, and then, during the trigger, change terrain from regions to desired one.
2. Create dummy units, and then, during the trigger, change area around them. This can easy be done by doing the following trigger:

Pick up every unit of type Snow Dummy Terrain and do actions:
+Actions: I don't know how it's called ( :S ) but it has radius around picked unit.

3. Change terrain type - changes one tiles to another. Can be found in triggers.

Level 6
To prevent memory leaks, you'll need a variable, I named this TempPoint. The variable must be the type "Point".
You also need a region where you change the tile.
Then, you can make the triggers:

• Change Tile
    • Events
      • <Your event>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Center of TileChangeRegion <gen>)
      • Environment - Change terrain type at TempPoint to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
You can change the action in the middle's Tile, Variation and Size.

Excuse my English, it ain't my native language.

EDIT: If this helped you, can you please +Rep me?

Level 30
Well, you will just have to reverse everything, do same triggers, but with different terrain. And it should be fine.

EDIT: To prevent lagging, turn on cinematic mode while the terrain is changing and pan camera to non-changeable part of map. After few seconds, turn cinematic mode off. It should prevent a possibilities of dropping players.

Status
Not open for further replies.