• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Unlearning upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Good day,

is it possible to unlearn an upgrade? I was trying to do it through a trigger, but it is not working, and even the trigger´s description states that it is not able to unlearn an upgrade through that trigger action.

Please, is thee any other way to do that?

I am looking forward to your replies.

Level 5
Good day,

is it possible to unlearn an upgrade? I was trying to do it through a trigger, but it is not working, and even the trigger´s description states that it is not able to unlearn an upgrade through that trigger action.

Please, is thee any other way to do that?

I am looking forward to your replies.
This is no longer actual. I have not searched the forums if this problem has already been discussed before I have posted this request. Now I have done so and found similar discussions, and those answers are enough for me. Please, this thread can be deleted. Thank you.

Level 5
Thank you for your response, DracoL1ch, but I am afraid that it will not be effective in my case. I have already considered this option, however, this case of mine is related to a specific item, which provides an upgrade once taken, and should remove the ability once dropped/lost. And as there is no limitation in the map on the number of cases the item can be manipulated, it would require me to create dozens of such upgrades in order to cover as most cases of the said item´s manipulation as possible - if I am correct with this logic.

I am in need of an upgrade which increases "attack range", and I am trying to utilize a "Long Rifles" upgrade for that purpose.

Kaijyuu, I think that even this possibility would not help in my case, but I thank you for your idea anyway.

Level 5
I dont use editor so I chose 999999 levels for upgrades and inc/dec them freely. no human can do that many drops/pickoffs anyway, so its safe. one day everyone should move on

If I will have no other option, then perhaps I will turn to this option. But I was also considering a possibility to replace an item-acquiring hero with an exact replica of him, except with having a different "Combat" statistics (longer attack range).

However, I will have to provide a replacing hero with the same items the replaced hero has had in his inventory prior to the moment of being replaced, but I was never doing it yet so I am only going to find out if it is possible. Do you think that it is possible to do so?

Level 19
If I will have no other option, then perhaps I will turn to this option. But I was also considering a possibility to replace an item-acquiring hero with an exact replica of him, except with having a different "Combat" statistics (longer attack range).

However, I will have to provide a replacing hero with the same items the replaced hero has had in his inventory prior to the moment of being replaced, but I was never doing it yet so I am only going to find out if it is possible. Do you think that it is possible to do so?
? grade being applied to all units who stated to has it, your copy will have it anyway.

Level 5
? grade being applied to all units who stated to has it, your copy will have it anyway.
I mean: In this second case I will not be dealing with upgrades, but will be trying to solve the problem by simply replacing the item-acquiring hero with an another hero, who will have an increased attack range (no upgrades will be used, only a new unit will be placed with a longer attack range). But I will have to transfer the old units items to the new one, in order for the new unit still represent the old one, only with a longer attack range.

Level 19
I mean: In this second case I will not be dealing with upgrades, but will be trying to solve the problem by simply replacing the item-acquiring hero with an another hero, who will have an increased attack range (no upgrades will be used, only a new unit will be placed with a longer attack range). But I will have to transfer the old units items to the new one, in order for the new unit still represent the old one, only with a longer attack range.
that wont be easy either, as well as break many inner mechanics related, starting from default buffs/debuffs ending with triggers. worst case scenario literally

Level 5
that wont be easy either, as well as break many inner mechanics related, starting from default buffs/debuffs ending with triggers. worst case scenario literally

I am just looking on it and it seems complicated too - exactly those buffs transfer. Otherwise it might not be problematic that much: I will make the hero drop his items upon acquiring that special (attack range increasing) item, identify the dropped items with variables, hide them, replace the hero with a new one and give him those dropped items. I think that I will sacrifice those buffs for the sake of achieving this.

----------------

Update:

So, I am working on that unit transfer. However, I am not able to transfer the unit back on the original unit, once the item is dropped. Please, can someone check this trigger of mine, where within it is a mistake? I am providing a picture of it in a attachment:

Attachments

• Unit transfer.jpg
    Unit transfer.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Level 39
Instead of straight up replacing the unit (can cause huge problems like DracoL1ch said) you should use Druid of the Claw's bearform (not Chaos because it's a hero) to transform the unit from one form to another. I believe this thread will help you understand the different options you have and why you probably want to do it the bearform way:

Replace Unit (Hero) and take Attributes along

Level 5
Instead of straight up replacing the unit (can cause huge problems like DracoL1ch said) you should use Druid of the Claw's bearform (not Chaos because it's a hero) to transform the unit from one form to another. I believe this thread will help you understand the different options you have and why you probably want to do it the bearform way:

Replace Unit (Hero) and take Attributes along

All right. I thank you for informing me about this. I will see what can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.