• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Unlearn researched upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is there any way, through JASS or GUI, to unlearn an upgrade?
When you use 'SetResearchedUpgrade()' (or whatever its called) to decrease the level of an upgrade, it won't prevent any spells that required the higher level upgrade from being cast, right?

Level 19
well if there is a way it will be prevents other abilities. If you are asking for damage upgrades yup its totally imposible in requirement things u can use dummy units and dummy units created by number of other dummy units (like if there are 5 dummyupgrade in map owned by player1 create dummy5tech) etc etc but it totally kills you if you try stuff like this My suggestion forget it and use attack reducer abilities

Level 3
Mainly, I just like how an upgrade will disable an ability if you don't have it and it tells you what is required to use it. I had an idea where I was going to use upgrades as a way to keep track of a players mana. (Multiple types : black, white, red, etc...) But, I soon learned that you can't unlearn an upgrade.
Is there any way you could do something like that with passive abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.