• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unknown problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Last edited:
Downloading...
Edit
GolemStatue2.blp has already been assigned into a material. You just need to assign that material into the specific geoset that fits into it. Use Magos Model editor or convert it to mdl and manually assign it there. This isn't actually an unknown problem. Read How to Edit Models by Horn.
Actually your problem is an unassigned material that contains the Texture: GolemStatue2.blp. Assigned it then into a geoset as I said above.
Edit
As I have observed, the body geoset is missing. I think it has been deleted or something. I really feel you have accidentally deleted it. Review the model, then.
Edit
OK, found it out. Open the .mdl format in Magos Model Editor. Assign textures to materials and materials to geosets using Magos Model Editor. Be sure they are correctly assigned. Save it in .mdx file. Wrap the model in MDLVis, should already be the .mdx format that will be opened in the MDLVis. Now, do some editing in MDLVis. These two softwares are great when editing WC3 models. Don't be lazy because editing models really really needs patient and sharp eyes. Now, if you are contented, see your work in Magos. If you want some more texture edits or new textures to fill your model, just use Magos then back again to MDLVis for wrapping and editing geosets. Simple... You don't need to open the .mdl format in notepad. Just these two programs being used, you'll have a good edited model, or even the best.
I have the link of the two tools Editing WC3 Trees Tutorial.

Last edited:
Level 8
Downloading...
Edit
GolemStatue2.blp has already been assigned into a material. You just need to assign that material into the specific geoset that fits into it. Use Magos Model editor or convert it to mdl and manually assign it there. This isn't actually an unknown problem. Read How to Edit Models by Horn.
Actually your problem is an unassigned material that contains the Texture: GolemStatue2.blp. Assigned it then into a geoset as I said above.
Edit
As I have observed, the body geoset is missing. I think it has been deleted or something. I really feel you have accidentally deleted it. Review the model, then.
Edit
OK, found it out. Open the .mdl format in Magos Model Editor. Assign textures to materials and materials to geosets using Magos Model Editor. Be sure they are correctly assigned. Save it in .mdx file. Wrap the model in MDLVis, should already be the .mdx format that will be opened in the MDLVis. Now, do some editing in MDLVis. These two softwares are great when editing WC3 models. Don't be lazy because editing models really really needs patient and sharp eyes. Now, if you are contented, see your work in Magos. If you want some more texture edits or new textures to fill your model, just use Magos then back again to MDLVis for wrapping and editing geosets. Simple... You don't need to open the .mdl format in notepad. Just these two programs being used, you'll have a good edited model, or even the best.
I have the link of the two tools Editing WC3 Trees Tutorial.

so you mean i should not have deleted the body geoset.whould i follow all that you said or only the 3rd "edit"?
and how come golemstatue2.blp is not working,its blp and i used blp->jpeg->tga->blp

Status
Not open for further replies.