• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unknown King

"April is about to be finished, might as well get a landmark to drop."

Welcome to the 20th skin.

Version 1.0Released.
2Eh3mUM.png

7fGmwso.png
Tags: Mountain King, Muradin, HeroMountainKing
Contents

BTNUnknownKing (Icon)

Unknown King (Texture)

Unknown King Avatar (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
Here we go with your last skin for April I believe, called "Unknown King", so without further ado let's dive in: The Good: We've got almost a two in one texture here with both the Mountain King and his avatar form. So to start off the head looks...
Here we go with your last skin for April I believe, called "Unknown King", so without further ado let's dive in:

The Good:
We've got almost a two in one texture here with both the Mountain King and his avatar form. So to start off the head looks great, his face and hair has been done really well, the strands and shading on the face give the face a style reminiscent of the OG blizzard style which I like. The change in the hair between regular and Avatar form is also a nice touch. His jersey also looks great with the padded square pattern selling the look of the material along with the stitching together in the middle. We've also got good shading here defining the shape of the units body. The TC on the shoulder pads is also a very nice touch, your TC implementation has almost always been inventive and fun. The weapons also look really good with all the detailing we'd expect on them.
In terms of the Avatar form we can see how he has transformed from the rips in the clothes to the addition of the blood without being excessive. The pulsing veins and tattered clothes really sell the look.
Another wee detail I love is the water bottle on the back.
An icon is included but I'll let someone like @The_Panda give his thoughts on it when he has time as I'll just focus purely on the texture but do appreciate the inclusion.

Areas for Improvement:
A really good skin, I don't have much to criticise, overall just a very nice skin.

Conclusion:
A cool concept that has been pulled off really well with all the parts looking good in terms of shading and technique. Easily approved :)