• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units Pissing me off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
:cry:

I need help plz, when I did my cinematic all the unit actions like Move_Attack or Move_Region don't work well. Once I ordered the units to move to a certain region they make 3 steps, turn around and go back. It pisses me off, because when I do a battle scene for instance, all the units that were ordered to attack enemies just do 3 steps and go back on both sides. It works well in other maps, but not in this one. I don't wanna start all over again because I put a lot of effort in terrain and all other things. I checked every single trigger and there's no way I can fix it what should I do?

Level 13
Unless you have another trigger that involves them to move back, it should be caused by the creep camping time or range, try modifying these two settings.

Go to Advanced > Gameplay Constants >
Creep - Gaurd Return time 10000
Creep - Gaurd Return distance 10000

When you move a unit to a point u must command the unit to hold position or they will head back to their original position. It is important to note that this may or may not apply exclusively to camping units, but as I have gotten into a habit of making units hold position, I would not know. Also, make a wait trigger before the hold position. It makes sure they don't stop midway.

Level 20
When you issue the order, use as well the "Artificial intelligence - ignore <unit> guard position" action. This will prevent the unit from getting back(do it once per unit, it's enough) after you issue it any movement command. I had the same problem years ago when i was starting to build up my old proj's AI. Hope i helped. ;)

EDIT: well, i assume you already found a solution after these months from the thread opening :/

Status
Not open for further replies.