• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] units Max Attack Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
My question is: is there something that sets a max values to the AS of a unit
I'm not saying to trigger it to make it have a max value but what is the thing "in object editor" that changes the AS (not the attack cooldown)

In my map there is 2 different heroes, they have the same as at beginning and gave both the same items to increase the attack speed and i end up with one attacking incredibly faster at an aprox rate of 3 attacks/s and the other one with 1.5 attacks/s :ogre_rage:

If you have seen my dotca map in the sig, the 2 heroes are Shandris and Traxex (Metamorphosis)

Level 12
You can increase the base attack speed by 700%, so the total max attack speed is 800% of the original. Same for decrease, you can slow the attack speed to 1/8 of the base value.

The maximum for IAS (increased attack speed) is 400%, so the total max attack speed is 500% of the original. Decrease minimum is -80%, so the unit will attack with 1/5 of its normal attackspeed.

@OP: damage point is also relevant in terms of attackspeed if bigger than the attack cooldown time.

Level 17
they are not nulled the game still uses those values, they determine the amount of time it takes to launch the projectile after finishing the attack animation thus on every attack you can save +2 seconds wait time drastically decreasing attack speed and 0 seconds wait time for very fast attack speed

Level 16
ok btw i meant by nulling; setting them to 0 : animation=0.000s

EDIT:
1. thx for the max AS bonus +rep both
2. when i reduced both animations to 0, the ranged are perfect but the melee look wrong, they damage the target before even attacking :p so i added them to 0.150 s and it looked well +rep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.