• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units come back: Why??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I'm making a map with a "hand made" AI that goes on by trigger script.
One of these trigger has to create soldier units and gather them in precise places so they mass and strike.
Now, in another map, units strikes are perfect, but in this one ppl get to gather point and then COME BACK to the barracks where they come from. The result is that no one attacks and there is a MASS of foot, knights and other stuff on the enemy barracks! omg what is the problem?

Level 2
This Happened to me!

THIS HAPPENED TO ME ONCE! I have no idea why this thing happens, but you should try to do it with GUI AI. Triggers were my only solution.

Level 2
Gui

Grafical User Interface(GUI). They are the Triggers XD. It is another Naming method you could use XD. I just sayed that you may do this AI By triggers. my CTF had the same bug like your map, so I made the AI by triggers.

EDIT: This bug was because I used the AI that warcraft 3 Brings.

Level 20
maybe i found out why: a help from a friend long ago, on the other map i was talking about, saved me from going crazy. And those attacks worked properly. I have to test if it's that "thing" that made all work right. If it's that, i can consider my project on descent!
I'll let you know. ;)

Level 20
no, they're part of cpu(red) armies.
FIXED!
I've noticed it in the map my friend gave me after he put his hands on it to fix me this old prob.

In the row "actions" put
"Artificial intelligence - Ignore (Triggering unit)'s Guard position"

Personally, i don't know why this command prevent that mess. I could never get to solution by myself, guaranteed. O___O

Level 11
This works because the computers AI automatically sets units up on guard positions. When you disable this auto set up, it will allow you to move the units anywhere. Otherwise it attempts to move them back to their designated guard positions. GUI is the type of triggers you see. (Graphical User Interface) while JASS is the other type. It looks like a programming language.

Status
Not open for further replies.