• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UnitDamageTarget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
JASS:
native UnitDamageTarget takes unit whichUnit, widget target, real amount, boolean attack, boolean ranged, attacktype attackType, damagetype damageType, weapontype weaponType returns boolean

Can I have an explanation of attack & ranged booleans and also about the different attack & damage types?

What are those booleans there for, what do they change?
And how does changing the damage type from Fire to Shadow_Strike affect something?

Level 14
This post pretty much sums up all you should really know about attacktypes and damagetypes. Basically, the damage can be modified by attacktypes and damagetypes to take armor into account and whether it can affect ethereal and spell-immune units.

I'm not exactly sure about the booleans, but I think they affect how the AI reacts to the damage.

Level 3
I think I pretty much have what I need from this table, thanks a lot.
But I still have to be sure, if someone knows will save me a lot of tests, what combination will make the damage ignore armour and armour type reduction? I mean the damage to be always full.
From this table I can assume Enhanced or Universal?

Status
Not open for further replies.