• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Techtree Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi folks! About my map - it's a custom melee map. I need ideas and suggestions about the units, whoever can light a lamp for me, I'm grateful. it is a human race (it also includes elves and dwarves). i have already three basic units:
Legionary - Versatile melee unit. useful for fighting on the front line and especially defending a position. Model used: Footman, Captain, Spearman (Spearman). Huntsman - Ranged basic unit. skilled with firearms and good against any enemy, shooting that from a considerable distance. model used: Reikland Handgunner Crusader - Heavy cavalry unit with Holy skills. fast moving and strong in attack. Great for overcoming enemies. Model used: Elf Knights & Variants (Silverhand). About the rest, i need suggestions and ideas.

Last edited:
Level 28
Legionary: Shield Wall (Active, toggled): An ability that gives the Legionary increased armor for every Legionary nearby and the ability to negate some attacks but slows their movespeed.

Huntsman (I dunno if Huntsman is really a good name for the unit. Maybe Arquebusier or Handgunner?): Mass Volley (Active): Lowers attack speed but gives splash damage while the effect is active.

Casters:
* Dwarf Engineer:
** Fortify: Increases the armor of target unit or structure.
** Turret Gun: Creates an immobile magic-resistant gun turret with timed life.
** Overdrive: Increases the movement and attack speed of target allied mechanical unit.
* Wild Mage:
** Chaos Magic: Casts a random buff on the target unit (buff on allied, debuff on enemy). Does not affect summoned units.
** Dissipate: Removes all buffs, deals damage and random debuffs to all summons in AoE.
** Create Double: Creates a mirror image of the target unit that deals a portion of its damage.

Level 6
Legionary: Shield Wall (Active, toggled): An ability that gives the Legionary increased armor for every Legionary nearby and the ability to negate some attacks but slows their movespeed.

Huntsman (I dunno if Huntsman is really a good name for the unit. Maybe Arquebusier or Handgunner?): Mass Volley (Active): Lowers attack speed but gives splash damage while the effect is active.

Casters:
* Dwarf Engineer:
** Fortify: Increases the armor of target unit or structure.
** Turret Gun: Creates an immobile magic-resistant gun turret with timed life.
** Overdrive: Increases the movement and attack speed of target allied mechanical unit.
* Wild Mage:
** Chaos Magic: Casts a random buff on the target unit (buff on allied, debuff on enemy). Does not affect summoned units.
** Dissipate: Removes all buffs, deals damage and random debuffs to all summons in AoE.
** Create Double: Creates a mirror image of the target unit that deals a portion of its damage.
Very Well, is noted. about the Huntsman, i will change it to Handgunner. A Dwarf Engineer? hhmm... Good! in my opinion, is better as a hero. i'm planning now to make a scout/spy unit.. i will need your help with ideas (abilities,model,names,etc),do you can please help me again :) ?. Wild Mage? hhmm.. noted.

Last edited:
Level 28
Scout version:
* Invisible when not moving at any time.
* Summon Hawk: Summons a hawk (True Sight, no attack)
* Track: Target unit is visible to player.

Spy version:
* Permanent Invisibility, no attack
* Sabotage: Prevents target building from attacking or producing.
* Find Plans: Targets a building. The location of every building of that type belonging to that player is pinged.

Level 6
Scout version:
* Invisible when not moving at any time.
* Summon Hawk: Summons a hawk (True Sight, no attack)
* Track: Target unit is visible to player.

Spy version:
* Permanent Invisibility, no attack
* Sabotage: Prevents target building from attacking or producing.
* Find Plans: Targets a building. The location of every building of that type belonging to that player is pinged.
Noted. I'm planning to mix the scout with a druid, that it will be named "Pilgrim", a scout unit with nature magic skills. What do you think about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.