• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Spawning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
There might already be a topic on this but i cannot find it.

What do I do to make units spawn from a building periodically. For example have 4 footmen and 2 archers spawn at a base every minute. Also have like a upgrade that allows a knight to spawn with the footmen and archers when the upgrade is researched?

Level 9
This is easy search in forums, btw if you wonna help tell how must trigger work. For example the building will produce the units or they will be spawn at region with trigger, and so on. Becouse at question how to create unit it's hard to give you corect answer :thumbs_down:

Level 18
This is a pretty easy answer. You don't need THW to help you find the answer, but all you have to do is browse through the World Editor GUI triggers (the ones you can make with drop-down menu's in the Trigger Editor (F4)). I suggest you make a test map where you make 1 command of each Event, Condition and Actions there is. Then you'll know what the possibilities of GUI triggers are, and you can use your own creative mind to make the triggers you need.

Level 7
I have Unitauto-spawner on my map, I used quite simple triggers to activate it;

Events - Every 2.00 Seconds of game time
Conditions - None
Actions - Unit Group - Order ( Units in Player 1 <gen> ) To Train A Spawn Level 1.

So, All you really need to do is to create custom / or whatever building you want, that trains unit's in it. Then Wrap region around that building ( My region is on the example Player 1 <gen> ) and make it train the unit you want ( To Train A Spawn Level 1 ).

Level 7
this here will create 2 footmen at the center of a target region every 30 seconds. make a variable of type point called temp_point, and have a region called spawnRegion at the desired location for the spawns. also leak free.
  • Events
    • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set temp_point = center of spawnRegion
    • Unit - create 2 footman at temp_point
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_point)
    • Custom script: set udg_temp_point = null

Status
Not open for further replies.