• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Skins broken in reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi!

Since reforged hit I'm trying to put out an update to my old map. However I notice that many things that worked before are now broken.

The example I have is the one below:

JakiraSilkwood.BLP

This is a reskin for the archer. I have changed nothing and it now does not function. Does anyone know how to fix this? Did they change the way skins work / apply?

Bonus question: Custom models no longer talk for me (reply to commands, acknowledge etc), does anyone know a fix for this too?

Level 12
OK.

I haven't yet tried to change the skins of the original models, but maybe this could be related to the new / old models conflict.

Are you using the old SD model for the archer ?
Because I doubt the new archer model uses the same skin. What you could do is extract the SD model with something like CascView, set the paths for your textures in the asset manager like explained in the reskin thread, in other words : Textures\Ranger.blp for the unit and Units\NightElf\Archer\Ranger.blp for the portrait

IF you use SD mode i would not know, as it is supposed to use the old models that will then be fully compatible with the old reskin textures.

As for the custom models unable to speak, like I have said before, it is a recurring problem, and I have not seen anyone able to find a solution yet.
It is indeed really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.