• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Unit movement not making sense???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am sure someone else has had this problem in the past and maybe there is an easy fix. But the way it has been happening doesn't make much sense to me.

I use the standard command under Unit Group -

Pick every unit in (units in Orc force 1<gen>) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to moveTo (Center of OrcForce1Travel) <gen>))

Now this works fine, but after about 4 or 5 seconds the entire group returns to the spot it came from. Now I am sure there is a way to fix this, and I have found a way to stop individual units from returning (but it's a pain in the a$$), but the thing that drives me crazy is that I use the same commands on other units of a different color and this doesn't happen.

Is it because they are player controlled and not computer controlled? It is boggling my mind!

I am not good at coding, but any kind of help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Level 2
from my experiance, only units that are "neutral" will return to the area they came from after being told to go to another area.

anything that is "player 1 red" "blue" "green" etc, no matter if theyre controlled by player/computer or set to be controlled by nothing (under scenario -> player properties) will stay after they have reached the area.

Level 1
Thanks again! It was the "neutral" setting that was doing it. I was setting them neutral so they wouldn't fight in cinematics, but now I realize I can't do that and that there are other ways to prevent them fighting in cinematics.

Level 2
neutral passive is the one that will cause them to move back to their last position after stopping in a new position for more then 4-5secs

~without further triggers

best way to stop things like this in my opinion is just to 'pick every unit in (playable map area) (or region if you dont want everyone to stop attacking) and (make picked unit invulnerable)

then at the end do the same but make then vulnerable.
if however you want them to take damage during the cinematic from other then normal attacks (which is impossible if you're doing it this way without making them vulnerable) use the (set life for unit to (life of unit - 'X') or just the (unit - kill) trigger..both of them work while a unit is invulnerable

Level 13
neutral passive is the one that will cause them to move back to their last position after stopping in a new position for more then 4-5secs

~without further triggers

best way to stop things like this in my opinion is just to 'pick every unit in (pelayable map ara) (or region if you dont want everyone to stop attacking) and (make picked unit invulnerable)

then at the end do the same but make then vulnerable.
if however you want them to take damage during the cinematic from other then normal attacks (which is impossible if you're doing it this way without making them vulnerable) use the (set life for unit to (life of unit - 'X') or just the (unit - kill) trigger..both of them work while a unit is invulnerable

Just go to gameplay instances, and change
"Creeps - Guard Return Time (sec)" to 9999

Level 4
I think I recall a way to make the Neutral units "think" they're always in their guard area...or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.