• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unit 'Evolving'/'Experience' Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was wandering if you can implement some sort of experience system for all your units? I was thinking of having a map where you can get creep monsters and evolve them to more advanced ones (So a Salamander Hatchling to a Salamander).

Or possibly a diverging evolution system depending on training them in different areas ... training Strength gives you a tougher warrior version, Agility gives you a better ranged version, Intelligence gives you a spellcaster version of the unit.

This very doable?

Level 5
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I believe you can do it in many different ways. Are you specificly talking about Heroes or Units?

Level 3
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I believe you can do it in many different ways. Are you specificly talking about Heroes or Units?

Well if I can simply have 'unlimited' heroes rather than having units at all ... so they all gain experience normally?

But like it will have the following in under its 'advancement' icon ... at a certain level unit A can morph into unit B ... or with different conditions could morph into unit C ... unit B could than level up and morph into unit D or E.

Perhaps rather than the level its determined by Strength, Agility, Intelligence ... so if it gains 10 strength it can morph into a strong version of the unit.

That make any more sense?

Level 5
You dont need to have "hero units" for that, there are other ways of doing it, such as using abilities.

Level 15
it can be done with some kind of dummy multi-level unit ability, with trigger that will increase level of that ability by 1 each time that unit kills something, (or casts a spell, or whatever) - you can make many abilities as you want. when unit reaches certain level in ecrtrain ability, trigger just replaces him with a certain different unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.